Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Post!

Just got my very first blog set up. Pretty excited. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm T. I am 20 years old.. I am currently not going to school. I'm taking the year off and then I will be going back next September. I do work though... occasionally.

I guess I started this blog because I need something to do. And what's better than to talk about your favourite things? Books, music, and movies/tv shows.

Right now I am really into the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, I just finished the 9th one. But, I think I'm going to take a little break before I read the 10th one because the 11th isn't coming out for a while. I also really love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich! Those books are great. They are hilarious, suspenseful, sexy, and just a really fun read. They are even making a movie out of the first book (finally) starring Katherine Heigl, it's coming out in July.  They really have it all. Another book that I recently read and really enjoyed was Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill, although it was a bit depressing, it was a really good book, and quite eye-opening.

I have made a promise to myself that I will try out some new books, I went on the website for my local library and put a hold on three books that I would normally never have even looked twice at. My goal: finish 2 of them. Ideally I would read all 3, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If I'm going to put it in writing on the internet then I'm not going to be making any promises I can't keep! The books I put on hold are: Horns by Joe Hill, Solar by Ian McEwen, and Await Your Reply by Dam Chaon. I don't really know what any of these books are going to be about, and I think that's going to be part of the fun of it.

Now on to TV and movies. Well I basically will watch anything. My favourite movies though... Hmmm.... Well the movie I've probably watched the most in my life (other than the disney movies I watched on repeat as a child) would have to be She's the Man. I think it's absolutely hilarious. But I think it's really because I love Amanda Bynes, she's so funny, I think I've seen everything that she has been in. Some other movies that I absolutely love are the X-Men movies, and not just because of Hugh Jackman. I think those movies are great, I think it's because I kind of have a thing for the supernatural, if you can even call x-men supernatural.

TV shows that I love... well basically all the girly ones and then some, Gossip Girl, 90210, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Weeds, The Office, Modern Family (my new obsession), How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Heartland, and my favourite: Degrassi =D   And a bunch more that I can't think of.   ...As I said, I'm not going to school right now, so I have a lot of time on my hands, and I spend that time watching TV. (and while I watch TV I attempt to crochet)

Music wise... Well I like a bunch of stuff, at this very second I am listening to Burial - Miike Snow, the song before that was The Chain - Fleetwood Mac and before that was Bruno Mars, so I think my taste varies quite a bit. I love suggestions too.

Well, that was an extremely long post considering at the beginning I didn't even know where to start. I guess my goal with this blog is to post something at least once a week. And hopefully by writing this blog I will learn a little about myself, and grow as a person, and hopefully into a better writer, is that possible? I hope it is.

I will try to post when I am done reading those books to give a review and what not.

Ciao for now!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment