Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hot Yoga

I just recently started going to hot yoga. I found a groupon for $30 for a month of unlimited classes at Bikrams. I'll be honest, and even though I hear so many good things from so many people, I really wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much. Boy, was I wrong!

I absolutely love it. The first class was very difficult, and i had to sit down and take a break a few times. But I went the very next day and was able to do the whole 90 minutes without taking a break.

The room is extremely hot, and you sweat like crazy. So it's really important to stay hydrated throughout the day and drink lot and lots of water.

If you've never done yoga before than you don't know that it is in a class room that looks like a dance class room, with mirrors all over the walls. While you are doing the poses you are supposed to look yourself in the eyes in the mirror. At first I found this very difficult, but now, I love it. It's so peaceful and so grounding. Looking at yourself in the eyes, and forgetting about all of the other people in the room is the greatest thing. Although, what makes it even better, is that when you are not sure if you are doing something right, you can just look at the person next to you or in front of you to see what you are doing wrong.

Even after doing this for about two weeks, and only going to a handful of classes, I feel amazing. I feel so much better about myself, and I have so much more confidence. I have also found that I am a lot more calm.

I am really excited to keep going and getting even more and better results!

I recommend that everyone try hot yoga! But, even though its tough, don't give up after one class. Give it at least 3 or 4 classes to really give yourself a chance to decide if its for you or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment