Friday, July 22, 2011

The Choice

Cover of The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
It took me almost two full weeks to finish it, but some how I managed. I just finished The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I'm going to be brutally honest and say that I thought that this book was painfully boring. I decided to give it a try after a saw a lot of recommendations on a bunch of different websites and blogs and what not. And I can now say that I really don't like this genre of books. I need something with a bit more adventure!

The book is about a woman, Gabby, who moves to a small town in order to be closer to her boyfriend. When she thinks that her neighbours dog has gotten hers pregnant she storms over there to give him a piece of her mind. While he tries to win her over, she is torn between her new neighbour and her current boyfriend. She must make a choice. The story then skips 11 years or so and Travis, the neighbour, now has to make an important choice. (I don't want to tell you what it is about though, it'll give too much away.)

I can see how others enjoy these sorts of books. It is an enjoyable read, I just found that when I wasn't reading it I had no desire to pick it up to find out what will happen next. I would be just as happy to just let it sit on my bedside table for the next three years without ever wondering what will happen. I literally had to force myself to read it, but then, when I actually was reading it, I would want to keep reading. But not in the way where I'll stay up 2 hours later than I intended to just to find out what happens next, like I often do with other books.

Well I just got the second book in The Hunger Games series. So I should be staring and finishing that rather quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment