Monday, August 1, 2011

Catching Fire

Cover of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
So I finished the second book from The Hunger Games series, by Suzanne Collins almost a week ago. It took me a while to finally write a post about it. The second book is called Catching Fire. And in my opinion, it is even better then the first. I think the reason I liked it so much more is that you already know most of the characters, so you don't have to spend time learning about them and you can get right into the good stuff. 


If you haven't read the first one, and are planning to I wouldn't read any further.


The second book takes place a few months after the first one ends. Right before Peeta and Katniss have to go on their victors tour. In the aftermath of the hunger games things pretty much go back to the way they were. Except that Katniss and Peeta are set for life. With riches beyond their needs. And with Gale now working at the mines six days a week, Katniss hunts alone. Without their even knowing they have become the leaders of sorts to a rebellion going on all throughout Panem. This years hunger games will be it's 75th one, therefore it is a quarter quell. Every 25 years the game makers put a twist on the game, just to emphasize that the districts are powerless. In past years they have doubled the amounts of tribute, and had the districts vote who should go in. 


Any guesses on what the twist to this years quarter quell will be?


I really loved this book. I really recommend reading the first book and continuing on to read the second. I lose myself in these books. I stayed up two nights in a row until 5 am just reading! I literally could not put it down! 


Unfortunately I have to wait for my friend to finish reading the 3rd book before she is going to lend it to me. She is even going to lend it to me on her E-reader! So I'm pretty excited to give that a try, to see how I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment