Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stardust

Cover of Stardust by Neil Gaiman
So I have come to the conclusion that I am just never going to finish reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I tried so hard. The sad part is, I only have approximately 30-40 pages left. I just cannot get myself to read it. Especially with school starting up again, I haven't really found the time. But, any time that I find that I have a few extra minutes, or on the weekend when I'm not crazy busy, I have no interest in reading it. I look at it on my bedside table and just grimace, and I always say to myself "maybe next time." I think that it's time that I just admit that it's not going to happen. I haven't even picked it up in over two weeks!

I guess that means that I can't really give it a good review. To be fair, when I am/was reading it I enjoyed it. It just wasn't really a page turning, however, I still found it interesting.

There just wasn't enough suspense for me. I give this book a 2 out of 5.
The movie was a lot better.

I feel really bad when I start a book and don't finish it. Like I've failed, not only myself, but others, like the author or something. Like I owe it to the author. By choosing his/her book to read and not finishing it, I feel like I'm insulting them.

Well, I am very sorry Mr. Gaiman, I tried, and failed. In fact, I failed us both. But don't lose faith in me! I have a bunch of your other books sitting on my bedside table, collecting dust/waiting for Christmas break, to be read. And I will not only start them, but I will finish them. Or at least some of them, I doubt I can get through all of them in the short 2 weeks we get as break.

No comments:

Post a Comment