Thursday, August 2, 2012

Undead and Unwed - Mary Janice Davidson

I recently finished a fantasy/romance book by Mary Janice Davidson called Undead and Unwed. It is the first of the Queen Betsy series.

It is about a young woman who was recently attacked by a bunch of people. Month later she loses her job, and is hit by a car. Which kills her. Unfortunately, the car didn't quite get the job done. Her death just doesn't seem to want to stick. She wakes up in the morgue only to realize no matter how hard she tries, she just can't die! She has become a vampire.

The story goes on, she as sex with a few people and to be frank. I just did not find it interesting at all. I didn't realize going into it that it was supposed to be a romance. Well, I knew that there was romance in it, but I thought it would be more in the background. Needless to say, I was wrong.

Personally, I do not find this kind of book interesting. I stuck it out until the end, and now I can say, without a doubt, that I did not like it. I will most definitely not be continuing on with this series.

On the other hand, I can see how people would like this book, it does try to be funny, and succeeds some of the time, but I have higher standards than that. This book would definitely be a guilty pleasure read. Although to me there would be no pleasure, and a lot of guilt!

Suffice to say I do not recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment