Friday, March 16, 2012

Magic Morning Muffins

Today, I made these delicious healthy muffins and thought I should share the recipe. 
No butter. No oil. And oh so moist and scrumptious!

Delicious healthy muffins
2 cups - Whole Wheat Flour (You can use all purpose if you want but WW is healthier!)
1 1/2 cup - Sugar
2 Tsp - Baking Soda
2 Tsp - Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp - Salt
1/2 Cup Raisins (I also add chopped up dried date, and/or appricots, use whatever dried fruit you like best)
1/2 Cup - Chopped Nuts/Seeds (I use sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, and chopped pecans, use whatever nuts/seeds you like best)
1/2 Cup - Coconut

2 Cups - Grated Carrot
1 Apple, peeled and grated
(I haven't tried it yet, because my sister doesn't like banana, but I thought banana would also be really tasty.)

3 Eggs
2/3 Cup - Apple Sauce
1 1/2 Tsp - Vanilla

Inside of the amazingly delicious healthy muffins!

  • Mix all of the first bunch of ingredients together (from the flour to the coconut), stir. 
  • Add the carrot and apple. Stir until it's all mixed together really well. 
  • Beat Eggs, apple sauce, and vanilla in separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. 


Bake at 375 F for 20 - 25 minutes. (Until top springs back when touched.)

Recipe makes 12 - 18 muffins

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment